Getting Lost or Getting On???

OK, it looks from my blog that things are slowing down but I’m not so sure.

What have I been doing?

I have written a narrative,  around 3000 words so far, about writing in my own personal experience and the forming of my professional identity. I am waiting for feedback on my methodology chapter and I already know it needs work.

Literature Review 

I have been reading everything available on the role of writing in teacher PD and identity. A lot deals with reflective practice. I am noticing some kind of patterning in the lit and have tried organizing the materials into a diagram. Now I plan going back to the books and articles I have read in order to check my diagram and enter article names and dates. If this works, this is a major breakthrough.

One point particularly relevant to me at this stage is the extra benefits of collaborative writing and written conversation. The more I read and compare these processes with the almost solitary work I am doing, the more frustrated I get.

All  in all I am very happy with my learning and am busy trying to work out what I’m going to do with all of this in the real world.  One thing I’m sure of – the professional learning activities I organize for teachers will never be the same again…

More about changing the world later!

Questions for the Lit Review – Diagram from the NSWU Learning Centre

(Not all relevant for my work)

Guidelines from the UNSW Learning Gentre

2 thoughts on “Getting Lost or Getting On???

1. Please provide the whole chapter and information so that i can give my full comment. I think you have a good idea for posting this. Please update! I will be happy to visit your website again. Thanks!

2. Hi Jielea,
    In a month or so, that chapter will be published as a journal article. I will post the details here as soon as it appears.
    Thanks for reading and commenting.